This is a really important and personal topic to me. I DON'T TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!
Most people (myself included) do not understand the vital role of a properly functioning liver, until it's too late..
- Toxin overload leading to a congested liver that reduces bile flow (food goes in, but does not go out- leading to an extreme build-up of toxins in the body)
- Stress leads to gut issues
- Stress leads to decreased immunity
- Stress and toxic overload leads to hormonal imbalances, high cortisol, and adrenal fatigue
This was me and I didn't know it until I was in the hospital giving birth to my daughter and immediately transferred to ICU because my liver was dangerously toxic, kidneys were failing, and blood pressure was dangerously high.
Cleaning out our liver and gut NATURALLY is essential for good health and wellness.
Here are some other symptoms that may indicate your liver and gut are toxic AND it's time to detox (And I don't mean a juice detox or starve yourself and only drink fiber for 3-7 days. I mean detox yourself with the proper FOODS and self-care techniques!!)
- Crave sugar and sweets, often
- Tired or foggy, no matter how much sleep you get
- Seasonal allergies
- Excessive dry skin on your face
- Itchy skin
- Joint pain
- Overweight and can't lose it even when you consistently eat healthy
- Gaining weight for no reason
- Frequent stress, anxiety, or depression
- Frequent mood swings
- Bloat, gas, or inflammation
- You just feel blah
The liver is one of the organs that play an important role in restoring the balance of hormones in your body. Its role is linked to the process of detoxification, which indicates the cleaning out of toxins from your body. These toxins could be the underlying reasons behind your hormone imbalance.
There are many benefits that detoxification offers. The focus of this process is the colon but its effects are throughout the body. Detoxification is a natural process that occurs in the body every day. Every single cell of you has a built-in method for detoxification.
The cells of your body have this ability to take in nutrients, break them down into chemical constituents needed for certain function. All of those parts of the food or substance intake that the body doesn’t need will then be released into circulation. These are called waste products.
The master orchestrator of the body’s natural detoxification is the liver. As the organ controlling detoxification, it is highly connected to hormone balance. That being the case, the way to restore the balance of your hormones include understanding how the liver works.
How the Liver Cleans Out Toxins From Your Body
From time to time, your body needs to engage in an effective liver detoxification process. On that note, when your blood has toxins, the liver sets out to work on a sophisticated method of flushing the toxins out.
Phase 1 – When blood goes into the liver, the organ goes through phase 1 of the detoxification process. In this phase, the liver takes the toxins from the blood and cleans the hormones to eliminate them. This is to prepare for phase 2.
Phase 2 – In this phase, several sophisticated reactions happen. One of the common reactions occurring in this phase is the sulfation where sulfur groups are added to detoxify some toxins. The next reactions are methylation, glucuronidation, and glutathione conjugation.
When your liver does not detoxify efficiently, it can have a bad effect on your body. It is incredibly important that you have a strong and healthy liver. If you don’t and it’s unable to detoxify, hormonal imbalance occurs along with manifestations such as stored body fat, brain fog, PMS, infertility, and more.
Here are some tips to help you start detoxifying your liver and gut, naturally!
1. No more processed foods, sugars, sugary drinks (soda, juice, etc.),
2. Drink more WATER. Infuse it with fresh fruits, herbs, cucumber, whatever- make it more exciting, so you will drink more. Or drink coconut water, which will hydrate you and it has electrolytes.
3. Eat healthy fats- coconut oil, avocado, avocado oil, chia, or flax.
4. Drink dandelion tea or nettle tea, chlorophyll or chlorella, lemon water with raw apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice concentrate in water with lemon, matcha tea, and chaga tea.
5. Take probiotics and prebiotics, daily.
6. Try Epsom salt baths, caster oil wraps, and daily skin brushing.
7. Reduce stress through self-care and self-healing- physical activity every day for at least 15-20 minutes, journal, meditation, love yourself and have compassion for yourself, forgive yourself, forgive others, be grateful, truly/actively interact daily with the people you love, CBD oil, essential oils, chiropractic, homeopathy, acupuncturist, etc.
8. Seek professional help to look at underlying issues that could be causing issues or complications.
9. Start a clean eating plan that works for your body and your lifestyle. There is not one way that works for everyone... Paleo vs Keto vs Raw vs Grain-free vs Plant-based vs Atkins.
If you feel lost or confused, please reach out and we can talk. Email me at Danielle@DoctorBeneFIT.net and we will schedule a time to chat.