Nothing better than a warm, hearty, healthy soup on a crisp winter day, while WATCHING FOOTBALL!
Chicken, White Bean, and Spinach Chili
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
2 x 16-oz.cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed &drained
1/2 cup water
4 canned plum tomatoes, drained (organic if possible)
1 x 14-ounce low sodium chicken broth (organic if possible)
3 cups baby spinach, chopped (organic if possible)
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (already cooked)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute.
3. Add the beans, water, tomatoes, and broth. Increase heat to high until stew begins to simmer.
4. Reduce heat; let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring. Add more water, if needed.
5. Stir in the spinach, and cook until wilted.
6. Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.