Stress can definitely take its toll on our bodies in many ways - physically, emotionally and mentally.
Stress can definitely take its toll on our bodies in many ways - physically, emotionally and mentally. I find that when I feel like I don’t have the time to slow down, is actually when I need it the most! It is important to take some downtime and take care of YOU. You not only deserve it, but when you’re feeling rested and recharged, you can accomplish more and support others better
Here are 22 ways to take care of you – pick one that you can do today – and every day.
1. Get enough sleep
2. Take the time to prioritize your day each morning (what are the top 2 -3 things you want to get done today?).
3. Remember to schedule tasks/appointments, events as evenly as possible throughout the week.
4. Reduce time on the computer and TV
5. Take deep breaths during the day
6. Eat slower
7. Connect with family and friends
8. Take a vacations (or ‘staycation’)
9. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
10. Make time for yourself – enjoy a hobby or activity
11. Read a book or watch a movie
13. Speak to yourself more kindly
14. Listen to music
15. Open your windows and blinds during the day
16. Remember your goals and aspirations
17. Enjoy a hot bath
18. Meditate, pray and/or do yoga
19. Get a massage or facial
20. Go on a walk
21. Focus on the positive
22. Keep a journal
Make it a point to do something you love every day, no matter how small!!!!